Father’s Day is just around the corner but finding the right present for your dad can be quite a daunting task. If your dad is anything like ours, they always tell you not to waste your money buying them anything. But taking the opportunity to thank him and show how much you appreciate everything he has done over the years is so important. Let’s face it, most mums are often easier to buy for and fathers... well let’s just say they can be quite tricky! We have put together a few ideas that might just help you to find something personal and timeless that your dad will appreciate. Whether your parents attend vintage nostalgia events like Goodwood Revival or your dad just suits and enjoys the classic look, we hope this will help in your quest to find the perfect present. Our guide has all the gift inspiration you need for dads who do vintage this Father’s Day, whether you have a small budget or a sizeable one.
1. Sunglasses – As Father’s Day is always celebrated on the third Sunday of June, sunglasses are a fantastic gift idea. Even those dads who aren’t that into vintage fashion can appreciate a good pair of retro sunnies. There are a number of classic vintage style sunglasses for men that never fail to look cool whatever the current fashions. You can’t go wrong with a pair of Clubmasters or Wayfarers! Aviator sunglasses have also become a trend-proof addition to men’s accessories thanks to their association with the military greats.
2. Hats – A vintage style hat is the perfect way to top off your outfit. We have some fantastic fedoras and trilby hats in many different colours. Our tweed newsboy caps are ideal for dads who like the Peaky Blinders look. As Summer approaches a straw hat is a better choice for keeping your head cool. Try our classic straw boater or Panama trilby hat for added sun protection. All of our hats are really authentic looking and made from high quality materials so your father can rest assured their hat will stand the test of time.
3. Cufflinks – One of the great things about buying cufflinks is that they come in their own presentation box ready to be gifted. Whether you think they’d want a classic shape or something a little more catered to their interests, retro cufflinks are always a great present for the men in your life. We offer styles to reflect the decades we specialise in such as 1940s spitfires and commemorative poppies through to 1960s Mod roundels and Vespa scooters. Whatever they’re into you’re bound to find something stylish to adorn their cuffs at Revival.
4. Trouser Braces – If your dad likes the vintage look, he’ll definitely appreciate a pair of trouser braces. We offer braces with metal clips which will fit onto any pair of trousers as well as leather loop braces for a more authentic forties look. Our braces come in many different colours, stripes and patterns to suit any sort of outfit, whether they like to dress formally or flamboyantly.
5. Vintage Shirts – Every man needs a few high quality shirts in his wardrobe. Our bestselling vintage style shirts are available with three different collar types - spearpoint, club and collarless. They have all the authentic features of shirts worn in the 30s and 40s. We are positive that any vintage enthusiast would be extremely pleased to receive one as a gift. For those who prefer a more casual look, a colourful 50s style Hawaiian shirt would be a brilliant choice.
6. Blazers - A classic mens blazer will never go out of style and can instantly take an outfit from casual to smart. They are a must-have item in any retro dad’s wardrobe. We have a wide variety of original vintage blazers in classic tweed but for something a bit more seasonal you can’t beat our regatta stripe boating blazer. This reproduction jacket is a superb choice for Summer and will ensure your dad looks sophisticated at any outdoor event.
7. Knitted Tank Tops – Tank tops are an iconic piece of traditional English styling that your dad is sure to love. Our sleeveless knitted vests are versatile, comfortable and exude vintage style. They can be layered to create smart or casual looks and are ideal for forties wartime events and nostalgia weekends. We also have some button through tanks for those who prefer the fifties look.
8. Handkerchiefs – “A gentleman carries a handkerchief, not for himself, but in case a lady needs one”. Every gentleman should carry a handkerchief and if your father is the chivalrous type we’re sure he would love to receive one as a present. Much like the cufflinks, our retro handkerchiefs come in a lovely presentation box. Made from 100% high quality cotton, our hankies can double up as a smart pocket square too. Choose from bold patterns or embroidered spitfires and retro cars.
9. Ties & Cravats – Neckties are an easy way to add a pop of colour to any outfit. We offer a range of original vintage neckwear including 1940s American swing ties. These striking ties tend to come in some bold colours and unusual patterns so would be great for the dad who likes to stand out from the crowd. Another option is one of our 100% silk cravats. They also come in a range of fabulous patterns such as paisley and polka dot. Cravats are a bit more relaxed than a formal tie whilst still looking smart and feel really comfortable against your skin.
10. Gift Certificates – If all else fails and you really can’t find anything suitable to buy for Father’s Day, why not treat him to one of our gift certificates? That way he can browse at his own leisure and pick out the perfect item for himself. It's a surefire way to please even the fussiest of fathers!
We hope this has given you a few vintage gift ideas for Father’s Day. Do let us know if you’re planning to give your dad any presents from Revival, we would love to see your photos!